05 October 2009

11th Annual Suitland Festival (Peace Rally)


On, Saturday 3rd, 2009 I was apart of a Peace Rally Event that was tied into the 11th Annual Suitland Festival in Forestville, MD. It was great day for music, family and loving life all in one breath. It was my 2nd time performing at the Festival. People assumed it would rain but he Gods said other wise. In recent news of youth death across the country this event was needed. I began to ask myself “SELF” where in the world is WPGC (so-called people’s station) and WKYS. If you are reading this blog from another part of the world, these particular radio call letters are local mainstream radio stations within the range of Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia. DJ Earth 1ne and I scan the area looking for Caribgem the host W.O.W Radio and the Event Hostess of the Day. We began to move amongst the people to make our way to the table in which Caribgem, Kellz, Big Reds and Hollywood were holding down. During the course of walking we began to meet and greet other performers and the organizer of the event Willie Wimbush. He told us about food that was prepared inside of the Suitland Community Center for artist to eat and enjoy. After talking with the brother and making sure things were on schedule we made our way to grab food. Can’t re-call if I even spoke to Caribgem or not! LOL!!LOL!!!.....FOOOOOODDDD ….This is the Part that I love being an underground/self supporting artist!!!!! LMBO!!

While inside eating and talking I missed a few acts such as: The Poetry Man, Sir Charles Cary and The Latin Explosion. After munching down on the delightful spread that was provided for us it was time to meet and greet more people and see a few live performances by: K Nix and Canda, Ashley Phoenyx Jenkins, Sixxcess, Chiller, Jah'nette, Rayshun Lamar, Suave' and Mahagonee the D.I.V.A. I feel that each artist provided the crowd with different flavor and emotions when it came time for their performance. If I had to choose from the artists I saw perform to go on tour with it would be Mahagonee the D.I.V.A and Rayshun Lamar. I’m not taking anything away from those who perform but I felt more Freedom for these two artists. Freedom meaning letting it go! Not holding back and gave the crowd a great show with the time that was allotted to them.


I sent out emails via face book, MySpace and text message to ask people to come out and support a great event. Ummm. Umm I must say that those people never showed up. Things happen and the show must go on, but when the Most High Creator is at work he/she will send others to take the place of those who didn’t show up. Give Thanks for that! I hit the stage about 4:15 right after Jah’Nette. By this time people were beginning to fade out. At, this point in my life and career as an artist. I could care less who comes or leaves. I do this music for the glory of the ancient ancestors. Give thanks to all that stuck around for the performance and special guest appearance w/Mahagonee which finally got video taped from so many angles…When my set was done i was greeted by elders who love my performance and told me to "keep doing what i was doing". I was even given a bottle of body oil of my choice by a vender. In return i gave him an "THE UNDERGROUND SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH" t-shirt.At the conclusion of the day Earth and I stopped by Mark’s Kitchen in Takoma Park to get grub (fellas do you hate it when your lady says “I’m not hungry I just want something to drink” and then when you order food she orders food. Geeeshhhh….LOL…LOL.and called it a night.

Oh, you can tell when election time in the community of elected official is coming around the corner. They start showing up at event such as 11th Annual Suitland Fest

CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE TO DIRECT YOURSELF TO THE SUITLAND FESTIVAL SITE.

2 comments:

  1. YOU DONT SAY NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.
    THANK FOR THE INSIGHT ALWAYS.

    UR BRO / COMPADRE

    TONEY
    VINTAGE VIBEZ MUSIC GROUP

    ReplyDelete